Thealoz® Duo Gel provides all the hydrating, lubricating and protecting benefits of Thealoz Duo in dry eye disease, but in a single-dose gel formulation that increases residency time in the eye making it particularly suitable for night-time use.
- Thealoz Duo Gel contains trehalose 3%, sodium hyaluronate 0.15% and carbomer 0.25% in a preservative free gel formulation
- Trehalose helps protect corneal cells from the osmotic stress of a dry eye environment, by regulating the movement of water across cell membranes,1 stabilising the lipid bilayer2 and preventing the denaturation of proteins under osmotic stress conditions3,4
- Trehalose enhances TFEB (Transcription factor EB) activity, a key regulator of autophagy.5,6 In this way, cell renewal is promoted and apoptosis and the associated inflammation is reduced.5
- Sodium hyaluronate adds moisture by retaining water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye
Trehalose is a clinically proven bioprotective gel indicated for treatment of moderate to severe dry eye disease, providing osmo-protection and bio-protection for cells on the corneal surface.1-6 The viscosity of the gel formulation increases residency time in the eye, making it particularly suitable for night time use.
Products containing preservatives can cause ocular surface toxicity, leading to inflammation and cell death. Using preservative-free eye drops supports the health of the ocular surface.
- Protects, hydrates and lubricates the eye’s surface
- Easy to apply gel drop, especially useful at bedtime
- Single-unit doses
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses
- CE marked medical device
Contact lenses should be removed before using Thealoz Duo Gel and reinserted 30 minutes after instilling the gel. If more than one ocular product is being used, 15 minutes should be allowed between instillation of two different products, with Thealoz Duo Gel used last.
Thealoz Duo Gel and Thealoz Duo eye drops can be used concurrently for maximum comfort.
(1 box of 30 SDU’s)