This therapy has been through trials and has been shown to demonstrate clinical repair in 66% of patients with no associated complications. Noctura400 has been evaluated in patients with;
- Mild to moderate non-proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Early, untreated and progressive Diabetic Macular Oedema
- Moderate Proliferative Diabetic retinopathy
Noctura 400 Therapy Consultation
The Noctura 400 consultation is an indepth assessment to determine your suitability for this monitored therapy. You will be assessed by a Noctura accredited Optometrist. Please bring the following with you.
- Latest report from your diabetic eye screening
- History of any treatment to your eyes
- Name of your GP
- Name of your Ophthalmologist (if applicable)
- Latest report from your diabetic eye consultant (Ophthalmologist)
A dilated examination is performed to assess the retina in detail. Please make sure you are not driving as the drops will make your vision blurry and you will experience glare from sunlight and on coming headlights. Bring some sunglasses with you if you have some.
The 3D retinal scan is used to assess the retina at a level of detail not possible using photography or the naked eye, being able to “see” your retinal nerves at a microscopic level. We are able to assess changes in diabetic maculopathy with this device. If also means we can refer you to your eye doctor much sooner than standard photography as we are able to pick up changes well before they show up on retinal photos.