- Thealoz Duo contains trehalose 3% and sodium hyaluronate 0.15% in a preservative-free formulation
- Trehalose protects the epithelial cells on the ocular surface, improving their resistance to daily stress of dry environments and tear film changes in a dry eye; it has very high water retention capabilities with both bioprotection1,2 and osmoprotection properties2-7
- Sodium hyaluronate adds moisture by retaining water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye
Thealoz Duo is indicated for moderate to severe dry eye disease. Clinical studies have shown that a single drop of Thealoz Duo improves the thickness of the tear film for at least 4 hours (6 times longer than sodium hyaluronate alone).8 In one study, 62% of patients receiving Thealoz Duo were symptom free after 84 days, with significant improvements in blurred vision, stinging and itching.2
Thealoz Duo is a hypotonic formulation (low osmolarity), which means it particularly addresses the hyperosmolarity of the tear film in chronic dry eye to effectively soothe symptoms.9
Thealoz Duo is 100% Free from Preservatives. Products containing preservatives can cause ocular surface toxicity, leading to inflammation and cell death. Using preservative-free eye drops supports the health of the ocular surface.
- Protects, hydrates and lubricates the eye’s surface
- Suitable for all dry eyes
- Clinically proven to last a long time on the eye
- Hypotonic formulation for effective relief
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses
Thealoz® Duo is suitable for all dry eye sufferers with mild to severe symptoms. It is also suitable for all contact lens wearers for improved comfort
Each pack of Thealoz® Duo Unit Dose contains 30 single-use unit doses. Once the vial has been opened throw away, even if there is a small amount left, do not reuse. Once opened the microbial protection of the solution cannot be guaranteed.
Store below 25°C.
We recommend you apply 1 drop to each eye from 4 to 6 times daily, however this can increase or decrease without any cause for concern, dependant on the severity of your symptoms
- Wash hands thoroughly before using Thealoz Duo®
- Open the foil sachet and take one single-use vial of the strip.
- Replace the rest of the strip back into the sachet.
- Do not use any tools to open the vial.
- Turn it upside down, gently tap the vial until the solution comes down.
- Open the vial by twisting the top tab off.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of the vial with anything.
- Squeeze until you see the drop.
- Apply one drop in the pocket of the eyelid while gently pulling the lower lid down and looking up. Being careful not to touch the tip of the vial onto your eye.
- Close the eye gently after application
- Throw away the single-use vial, even if there is some solution left, do not keep it.
- Repeat these steps on the other eye.
(1 box of 30 SDU’s)