Blephademodex is recommended for daily hygiene of the eyelids when there is inflammation caused by Demodex.
- Clinically proven1 to improve symptoms linked to Demodex infestation.
- Preservative-free formulation containing 2.5% terpinen-4-ol
Specifically designed to provide relief for symptoms caused by Demodex. Demodex mites can often be undetected and result in much patient discomfort with symptoms including itching, burning, dryness and lid margin inflammation, and the redness on the lid margin and foreign body sensation. This can become a real concern for ageing patients as the prevalence of Demodex increases with age, observed in 84% of 60 year olds increases to 100% in over 70’s. 2,3
Blephademodex cleans away crusts, eyelash dandruffs, impurities mites and debris on eyelids and eyelashes that cause eyelid inflammation and is clinically proven1 to improve symptoms linked to Demodex infestation.
Blephademodex has two key active ingredients:
- Terpinen-4-ol, a purified active extract from Tea Tree Oil, at a low concentration of 2.5% is used for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sodium hyaluronate, a natural skin soothing and moisturising agent. It ensures a natural hydration of sensitive skin around the eye and eyelid, and allows soothing regeneration of the skin around the eyelid area.
- Clinically proven1 to improve symptoms linked to Demodex infestation
- Sterile wipes
- Free from soap – no need to rinse
- Preservative free
- CE marked medical device
Contact lenses should be removed before use.
For hygiene of eyelids and eyelashes:
- Open a sachet and unfold the wipe inside.
- Place the wipe on top of the index finger and wrap it around.
- Keep the eye closed, gently apply the pad to the eyelids and the base of the eyelashes.
- Carefully massage the eyelids with small circular movements, gently removing any crusts, eyelash dandruff or secretions.
- Repeat on the other eye, using a new wipe.
In Demodex Blepharitis the bacterial load on the eyelids is higher so it is not advised to share 1 wipe across 2 eyes.
Keep the eye closed for 15 seconds after application.
Blephademodex is non-greasy and does not need to be rinsed after use.
(1 box of 30 wipes)