Blephaclean® wipes are gently formulated to help treat eyelid inflammation commonly associated with dry eye disease and blepharitis.
- Blephaclean is a daily eyelid wipe containing a gentle, micellar solution, free from preservatives, parabens, soap and perfumes
- Blephaclean keeps the eyelids clean whilst respecting the skin around the eyes and its natural bacteria
Blephaclean wipes are used to help treat symptoms of blepharitis (eyelid inflammation) which is commonly associated with dry eye disease and meibomian gland dysfunction.1
Blephaclean wipes are clinically proven to reduce symptoms of blepharitis;2 after 21 days of twice-daily use, patient OSDI scores were reduced to ‘asymptomatic’ in 55% of patients, with significant overall improvements in ocular comfort (p<0.001).2
Blephaclean wipes improved ocular symptoms, with patients reporting less crusting around the eyelashes, redness around lid margins, heavy or puffy eyelids and eyelids stuck together in the mornings.2
Blepharitis is a key cause of cataract cancellations.3 Providing pre-operative cataract patients with lid hygiene advice resulted in a 58% reduction (p=0.03) in cancellation rates. Microbial load on the eyelid was significantly reduced after using Blephaclean for 3 days compared to placebo.4
- Gentle, preservative-free lid wipe
- Reduces symptoms of blepharitis often associated with dry eye disease and meibomian gland dysfunction2
- Blephaclean reduces the microbial load on the eyelid after 3 days of use.4
CE marked medical device
Blephaclean wipes are suitable for children over 3 months old.
Contact lenses should be removed before use.
For hygiene of eyelids and eyelashes:
Gently apply the pad to the eyelids and the base of the eyelashes. Carefully massage the eyelids with small circular movements, gently removing any crusts, secretions or makeup.
For hygiene of the eyelid margin:
In front of a mirror, carefully open the eyelids by lightly pulling on the lashes. Wrap the wipe round your first (index) finger and carefully rub the eyelid margin.
(1 box of 20 sachets)